Seripets Development Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seripets Development Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it.

Go down 
+2
Outsane
Martyn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Martyn
Owner
Owner
Martyn

Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it. Empty
PostSubject: Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it.   Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 2:07 pm

This is the monster in the plot who is destroying the Lands of Seripets, since Seripets is mainly desert land, that's where the explore page will be at the start.

The Explore page will start in the desert, in order to get to the other place on the map, you have to talk to the people on the map and ask them questions or just talk to them, eventually one of them will loose it and will end up telling you about these other islands, on one condition. Which is that you somehow stop this monster from destroying the Seribal Desert or else the whole Desert will be a ghost town.

Also, thoughout the start of Seripets, new places will be unlocked, but the first bit of Seripets, when you register is going to be the official plot that sticks with Seripets when you start.

When you register you will need to activate your account, once activated you will then be directed to a page with a link on it saying 'Start your Adventure', it will also ask you to make your character, after that it will decide on what you character looks like and somehow put you into the animated map, after making your character you will be re-directed to the default Explore Page, once there, you will have to explore the place for a while before stumbling upon this monster, this monster will proceed to either attempt to kill you or attempt to steal your money, if it attempts to kill you then you will wake up in the Naria Hospital or if it attempts to steal your money then you will be knocked out by its attack and then you will end up in Ferda Hospital, one of these hospitals will have the Prince in it and the other will have the Princess in it. The Prince & Princess were supposed to be going to Piral Village, which is at least more than half of the Deserts length away, but were attacked by the monster in different places, in turn they ended up in different hospitals, when you are in the hospital you will slowly wake up and go into a frantic panic but will be calmed down by one of the nurses nearby, eventually you will then be on the non-animated map, whereby you click either the Prince or the Princess whichever one you got, and they will tell you their story, they will then proceed to ask you if you could help them over the Desert to Piral Village for their visit with the leaders of the-
They stop before telling where they are going exactly, you ask them what they were going to say and they tell you it was nothing, they then proceed to ask you if you could give this Chain of Transport to their love, that's when you get to walk around either Ferda City or Naria City, both have their own Bandits and they will also have a newbie guide in them, which will give you some supplies to get you started, the supplies will be:

A bag to carry supplies in
5 Water Bottled
Some rope
An old torn book ( Which will play a main part in the plot )
And a handful of Oratia Beans ( these will keep you alive )

Also, just to let you all know, on Seripets your character ( or you, if you think of it that way ) can become Thirsty, Hungry or Out of Energy whilst going around Seripets, so make sure that you do NOT use up the supplies too quickly, because you will need them to get to the other city with the Prince/Princess in it. Although their will be Water Fountains and Oratia Tree's hidden around the city, as soon as you decide to go to the city, you will have to find your way out of the enterance that has the door opens, once out of the doors, the page will redirect you to a flash scene, this is when the old torn book will glow bright blue and will open up on it's own, which in turn a blue spititual god appears, she tells you to be careful whilst crossing the desert as you will see many Dust Devils, Sand Storms and Dust Storms. Then it redirects you back to the non-animated map where you are outside of the city you woke up in. This is basically where I will stop at just now. c:

Also, if you are a writer, please can you post a better version of this so that we can use it in future purposes for the plot. c:
Back to top Go down
http://seripets.turtleforum.net
Martyn
Owner
Owner
Martyn

PostSubject: Re: Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it.   Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 2:14 pm

Also, the Character getting hungry will only be used in the Plots. It will not be used in anything other than Plots.
Back to top Go down
Martyn
Owner
Owner
Martyn

PostSubject: Re: Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it.   Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 2:21 pm

Also, when the plot is finished, at the end one of the guards will take you to a place in [somewhere] and it will have 10 mysterious eggs, you can choose only one of them, five of them will be Uncommon, which means you can't get them normally, the other five will be normal ones, the Old Torn book you get at the start will help you by showing the symbols which are on the eggs and giving you a descripition of them, which should help to making sure you choose one that suits you likings. c:

Last edited by Martyn on Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Outsane
Head Writer
Head Writer
Outsane

PostSubject: Re: Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it.   Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:53 pm

I'll claim the rewrite. Sounds good so far. I'm assuming the eggs will contain a Seripet?

And also, would you like it written in the form you have put it in, or would you like it polished so it's something similar to what the users will see when they're starting the quest?
Back to top Go down
Martyn
Owner
Owner
Martyn

PostSubject: Re: Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it.   Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:59 pm

Yes, they will. c:

And thanks. c:
Back to top Go down
metroribbons
Head Artist
Head Artist
metroribbons

PostSubject: Re: Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it.   Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 12:18 am

Sounds good so far ^^
I am guessing that we will need human avatars and Seripets for the site then? Surprised
Back to top Go down
Calypso
Owner, Programmer
Owner, Programmer
Calypso

PostSubject: Re: Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it.   Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:23 pm

I like the Human Avatar bit. Smile Make blue hair and a goth corset look for mine. Very Happy The plot is very great, I am glad you talked to me in a more in depth about this plot. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://http:www.v-petsite.com/nyxpets/index.php
metroribbons
Head Artist
Head Artist
metroribbons

PostSubject: Re: Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it.   Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:07 pm

hahaha, yea i love human avatars! they're nice to have because they welcome both people who love pets and people who prefer dressing up a human OC.
I drew up a base for a human avatar yesterday just to test out how'd it work. Then tried dressing it up as my persona. I'll probably present this concept when the forum is finished ^^
Back to top Go down
Calypso
Owner, Programmer
Owner, Programmer
Calypso

PostSubject: Re: Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it.   Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 3:57 am

Could you make me one Metro?
Back to top Go down
metroribbons
Head Artist
Head Artist
metroribbons

PostSubject: Re: Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it.   Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:22 am

sure XD
I'll use your character for the girl base if you gimme a good desc of her :'D
Back to top Go down
Calypso
Owner, Programmer
Owner, Programmer
Calypso

PostSubject: Re: Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it.   Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 1:28 pm

I did. LOL up above. Smile "Make blue hair and a goth corset look for mine." Basically Have Blue and black Cyberdreads, With a black corset with blue strings, and a blue mini skirt with black skulls on it, and web stocking and platform boots, icy blue eyes, and black lips. Smile
Back to top Go down
Outsane
Head Writer
Head Writer
Outsane

PostSubject: Re: Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it.   Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 11:59 pm

Your character will awaken in a desert, not far from a village. In the village there are people who go about their day casually. In order to unlock the plot, you must torment the residents with questions until one finally caves and divulges information about lands besides this desert. The villager promises to tell more under the condition that you go out and defeat the monster that’s threatening to destroy the desert. You can do all of this after signing up and confirming your email on your account and creating your character.

After unlocking the plot, you can start exploring the desert outside of the town. You will be taken to the default “Explore” page at this point so you can start hunting the monster. This should only take an allotted amount of minutes before you encounter the monster.

Once you’ve encountered the monster, it will either attempt to steal your money, or it will kill you. If the monster attempts to steal from you, the monster will knock you out and you will awaken in the Ferda Hospital. Your money will be left untouched (as you have no money!). If the monster attempts to kill you, then you will wake up in the Naria Hospital. The Ferda Hospital will have the Prince in there with your and the Naria will have the Princess.

You will awake in a frantic panic in either of the hospitals, but will be calmed down by one of the nurses nearby. It will be then that you will be able to control your character’s actions (sorta) and talk to the respective royal member in the hospital you awoke in by clicking on their non-animated image, thus triggering the dialogue.

The royal pair was meant to be travelling to Piral Village; however, they were attacked by the monster in two different locations, causing them to awaken in the hospital, just as your character. They will start telling you their story of why they are crossing the perilous desert and then ask for your help to travel over half the desert’s length to Piral Village. They will cut off directly before explaining who they are visiting, leaving you hanging and wondering what they want to do and with whom they’re visiting with. Your character will ask what they were going to say, but they’ll refuse to tell you, regardless how often your character asks.

The Prince or Princess will ask you to make a delivery for them and give you a Chain of Transport and request you give it to their love, the Prince or Princess; whoever you are not currently with. At that point, you will have to trek over to either Ferda or Naria. There will be bandits along the way, though you’ll receive a Newbie Guide as well as a pack that has some supplies within. Those supplies will be:

5 Water Bottles
3 Two-Yard Ropes
An Old Torn Book (Which will play a main part in the plot)
And a handful of Oratia Beans (You will need to eat these to stay alive.)

These will be important to you as your character will rely on sustenance during plots. Any other time outside of plots, they will not need food and water, so be sure to keep them stocked. If you stay thirsty for too long, or if you’re too hungry or run out of energy, you will faint and awaken in the town you last visited (or from the last checkpoint).

You will have to find your way out of the city and to the one entrance where the doors are open. Other gates are either closed, broken, or the guards are jerks and won’t let you through. Once you find the one open gate, you will enter the animated map and the Old Torn Book you have will begin to glow bright blue and will open on its own. A blue Spiritual Goddess will appear and warn you about the perils of the desert. Dust Devils, Sand Storms, and Dust Storms are many in the desert and will deal a great deal of damage and frustration if you get caught in one. After the warning, you will be directed to the non-animated map.

While in the desert, you will have to distribute eating and drinking times so you don’t use up the food and water before you get to the next town, which will be either Ferda or Naria. There will be water fountains and Oratia trees hidden around the city, so you won’t need to spend money on buying the food and water from the shops.

Once you finish this plot, a guard in the city of your destination will take you to a Hatchery where you will have the choice to pick one of ten mysterious eggs. Five will be uncommonly seen while making the selection; the other five will be commonly seen. You’ll be able to use the Old Torn Book to decide what is in the egg by the symbol that’s on the shell. The descriptions with the eggs will help as well.

Here’s a bit that I’ve just started on for the plot. Let me know if there’s anything contradictory with what’s above and with the plot I’ve written, as I made a few minor changes throughout.

[Click Preview on Front Page]
The desert; nothing but miles and miles of sand every which way you look. This land is practically uninhabitable, but it still maintains a decent piece of life and supports the habits of those that call these sandy dunes ‘home’. This is where you wake up.

Dazed and confused, you wander about and find a town not too far off. You walk in and look for food and water, the taste of sand is potent in your mouth and your nostrils are sore with the grainy rubbing of the wind as it blew sand through your nasal cavity. How long you have been sleeping out in the strange desert is indeterminable. No one seems to recognize you as you speak to them. One question is dominant on your mind: How do I get out of here?

[Sign up]
[Confirm Email Account]
[Click Start Adventure]
[Create Character]
[Game appears with you in the village]
[Ask around/Chatter]

After minutes of pestering everyone with questions and pertinent discussions, one villager pulls you back after angrily pushing you out of their home that you so rudely walked into. “There are islands around this place, see?” she says to you, her voice cracked with age and as dry as the weeds outside the door. “I’ll tell you all about how to get to them and what’s on them, but there’s something you have to do for me, see?”

With your interest at its peak, you nod and wait for the old woman to continue. “There’s a monster out there in the desert, see? It’s killing our livelihood and we can’t have that no more, see? Go stop that monster from destroying the desert, and I’ll tell you everything.”

[Begin travelling to defeat monster]

Last edited by Outsane on Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrections)
Back to top Go down
Moonlight
Graphics Artist
Graphics Artist
Moonlight

PostSubject: Re: Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it.   Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 7:38 am

I like the plot. ^^ Metro, can you do my character after please? ^^
Back to top Go down
Martyn
Owner
Owner
Martyn

PostSubject: Re: Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it.   Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:57 pm

I'm lirtially eager to get this site up and running at the moment because of that plot. xD

It's such an amazing plot. >3

Love the way you wrote it Outsane. c:
Back to top Go down
Outsane
Head Writer
Head Writer
Outsane

PostSubject: Re: Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it.   Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:47 pm

I'm excited too. The plot is amazing and original. I'll get some of the writers working on some mini-plot ideas. I'll run one past you as well, Martyn.

Do you have MSN? That may make things easier.
Back to top Go down
Martyn
Owner
Owner
Martyn

PostSubject: Re: Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it.   Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 8:58 am

Back to top Go down
Hershey
Writer
Writer
Hershey

PostSubject: Re: Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it.   Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:34 pm

Interesting idea! I like it. ^^
So every new member that joins is going to be experiencing this?
Back to top Go down
Martyn
Owner
Owner
Martyn

PostSubject: Re: Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it.   Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:51 am

Yes, they are Hershey. c:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it.   Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Announcement on Plot: One of the ideas for it.
Page 1 of 1