Seripets Development Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seripets Development Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dog Rescue (Name Needed)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rosha11

Dog Rescue (Name Needed) Empty
PostSubject: Dog Rescue (Name Needed)   Dog Rescue (Name Needed) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 7:47 am

Dog Rescue (Name Needed) Rescuecats
(Spook is the only one i named cause he's the one i kept =3)

Above are the kittens that were abandoned in my yard Smile It was insanely hot that day so they could have died from the heat...... I sat in the sun all day trying to get them in a box to feed and water-rize Razz I eventually got them in and they ate and drank like wild cats (Or rather feral cats =3)..... They now got loving homes whom i know, they're no more than 2 months now and were no more than 8 weeks when they were found. Then i found them i had a strong urge to help them and ensure their safety, one had hip problems (which it appears to have been born with) but found a home nevertheless and is walking with practically no difficulty and no surgery was required. After this i realized i needed to rescue pets for a living to stay sane. Pit bulls are some of the most neglected and abused type of dog (pit bulls are not a breed, just a look or type of dog). Pit bulls have one of the best temperaments..... 85.5% of pit bulls pass temperament tests, while the average for all dog breeds is 81.6%. The Collie, known for its obedience passed at 79.4%, and the "beloved family dogs", Golden Retrievers at 84.2%. Most pits tend to pass with flying colors. Not to mention pit bulls are amazing family dogs and love kids and babies. Labs are also the most likeliest to bite babies. What do these facts tell you?

Below is a true story, unedited.
Bruce is a sweet young innocent Staffordshire Bull Terrier that was living happily with his family in Bangor, North Ireland, when out of the blue, on September 19th 2007 he was seized by council officials as an alleged “pit bull type” and taken to secluded kennels whilst his owner was taken to court for owning a banned type of dog contrary to the Dangerous Dogs Act (Order) 1991. A trial was heard at Bangor Magistrates' Court on 27th August 2008 and the court determined that Bruce was “of type” despite the evidence from two expert identification witnesses who said he was not. Judgment was given two weeks later on the 12th September and Bruce was ordered destroyed devastating his family and supporters. He remains on ‘canine death row’.

Bruce had got an infected tail. Whilst incarcerated in kennels his family were allowed to visit Bruce in October 2007, Bruce had lost weight, muscle tone and had a cut to his muzzle. Five months later Bruce was allowed a second visit. Bruce's untreated injury from his family in March 2008, they were shocked with what they found: The wound on Bruce's muzzle was larger and had become infected, he had to have his tail amputated, had open sores, was underweight and looked totally rejected, yet despite the clear pain he was in, is described by experts as being a friendly dog that poses no danger to the public.

Northern Ireland has not adopted the 1997 Amendment Act as in England, Scotland and Wales, despite being debated several times. Any dog deemed to be “pit bull type” cannot be entered onto the Index of Exempted Dogs as an alternative to destruction. If provisions in the Amendment Act had been accepted in Northern Ireland, as with the rest of the UK, Bruce would have been home long before now, alive and registered on the Index of Exempted Dogs.

Bruce has been offered a place of safety with a dedicated rescue and sanctuary in Southern Ireland where he could legally live out the rest of his life but this offer has not so far been accepted by the court

These are a few restrictions affected dogs and owners need to deal with:
* You must build a kennel for your dog. The kennel must be a minimum of 10' x 5' and must have a secure top, with the sides sunk into the ground or attached to a concrete slab. The kennel must be locked when your dog is inside, and he can be in there with no other animals. You must post a warning sign on the kennel (and ensure that said sign includes a symbol to warn young children).
* Warning signs are to be posted at all entrances to your property.
* You have to maintain $100,000 worth of liability insurance at all times.
* When off your property, your dog must be muzzled and on a 4' leash.
* You can't have a dog door. Your dog can't be in a room where there is only a screen preventing him from exiting. In other words, if you like to open your screened doors and windows on nice days, you can't have your dog loose in the house.
* If your dog bites anyone without provocation or kills another animal, it dies.
* Your dog has to wear a city-issued collar and tag.
* The police get color photos of your dog. Presumably so they can identify him if he's ever loose. (What they do if they recognize your dog is anybody's guess.)
* The city must be notified if your dog is lost, stolen, or dies.
* If your dog is bred, you must remove the puppies from the city by the age of 2 months.
* If you're ever found in violation, they will take your dog until you correct the problem (and presumably charge you fees for caring for him).

Now that I've let you see how i see pit bulls and .... well all dogs really..... I'll get back on topic.... I plan to make an American Pit Bull Terrier Rescue but have yet to find a good name.... any suggestions? =3

P.S I had a better story of a pit bull however i lost the source and therefor cannot prove its true or remember the exact wording and may accidentally change the facts. But what i do remember is a quoting of the owner of the pit bull "That was when i realized they were not after her [the dog] cause a law was broken, but cause she was a pit bull."

If you agree with all this post these ~~ http://www.pbrc.net/misc/Deed_Not_Breed.pdf ~~ around your town/city to cause more awareness, you may also go here ~~ http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1461037/how_do_i_fight_bsl_in_my_town.html?cat=17 ~~ If you'd like to know how you can fight BSL near you
Back to top Go down
Calypso
Owner, Programmer
Owner, Programmer
Calypso

PostSubject: Re: Dog Rescue (Name Needed)   Dog Rescue (Name Needed) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 4:06 pm

Wow, that is an interesting story. I hate animal cruelty and I am glad you helped those poor kitties.
Back to top Go down
http://http:www.v-petsite.com/nyxpets/index.php
Smoggy
Moderator, Writer.
Moderator, Writer.
Smoggy

PostSubject: Re: Dog Rescue (Name Needed)   Dog Rescue (Name Needed) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 10:12 am

Poor kitties xD But they're lucky to be found by you ;D

I remember my first doggy Sad A german shepherd girl <3 She knock down my neighbor (( an old man D< )) and bit his dog's tail. She was taken away and to be killed ;( I still miss her a lot! ;(
Back to top Go down
rosha11

PostSubject: Re: Dog Rescue (Name Needed)   Dog Rescue (Name Needed) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 5:42 am

*Hugs Smoggy* That doesn't seem like a good reason to destroy (what people seem to think is a professional way to say that their going to kill your dog 'humanly') a dog =/ Chihuahuas do that a lot why aren't they punished? (I'd know my sister has 2 >> Vicious little creatures... I don't personally know any good behaved chihuahuas though sadly) I think your 'case' may have been influenced by the fact that she was a german shepherd (Only recently did i find out people target them almost as much as pit bulls, I knew police used them as attack dogs, but that didn't even count as a clue to me xD) I'm really sorry about your lose, however long ago it was, I know it still hurts, loosing a family member in such a way isn't something you get over.
Back to top Go down
Smoggy
Moderator, Writer.
Moderator, Writer.
Smoggy

PostSubject: Re: Dog Rescue (Name Needed)   Dog Rescue (Name Needed) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:44 pm

yeah Sad

I've got some cats and dogs after that incident xD But Jacky will always be my first pet <33 But I seem to like cats more now xD

I've heard that chihuahuas are spoilt brats O.o So its true?? O.o
Back to top Go down
RabidJelly
Item Artist
Item Artist

PostSubject: Re: Dog Rescue (Name Needed)   Dog Rescue (Name Needed) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:52 pm

Wow...so were those kittens just abandoned in your yard? Are you some well-known kitten-carer, or was it completely random?
Back to top Go down
rosha11

PostSubject: Re: Dog Rescue (Name Needed)   Dog Rescue (Name Needed) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 12:36 am

Smoggy- I forgot to answer sorry xD Chihuahuas are pretty spoiled especially law-wise. I'm sure if there was a record of how many times a chihuahua has bit someone and broke the skin it would be in the 1000s each year. But no one ever bans them for some reason, their small but that doesn't mean they can't do as much damage, not to mention that kids love small dogs like chihuahuas and they can be just the right height to bite them in the face.... actually any one under 13 probably, those dogs can jump >> My sister's can reach up to my chest.... but "around the house" it really depends on the owner, my sister's has clothes for them and lets them do anything... she thinks when they bite or growl its cute >>

RabidJelly- Well i don't live in town (i forget if i'd mentioned that or not) so its very common to see unaltered pets running around. At one point a person not too far from where i live, across the road and 2 houses over, had around 15 that were "his" but they just crowded around his house outside, he fed them, thats the only thing he did for them. i guess they were well adapted to be outside but none of them were altered. So it was kittenmania. He said if we could catch one we could keep it eventually my sister did. But thats a different and very long story xD Anyhoo the point is he doesn't have those cats anymore and i have no idea what he did with them, he either gave them all away (which is unlikely since my sister could barely catch them let alone an older person, no offense to older people xD) or they just ran off/got eaten by something/ran over. If some are still around they could be breeding and those could have easily been descendants of those cats and the mother had died, or as you said someone could have noticed all the cats i own (5, 3 found outside, 1 bought from petstore [who was also the first of them and with me since i was born... shes getting old and not eating right Sad] the other one is my sisters which she got from her friend who got their cat pregnant) or they just decided that they would go out of town find a house and throw them out the window. Which ever it was they were spared the hard life of a stray. Coyotes would see them as a fairly easy meal, roaming dogs, just something to chase, sometimes kill if it has high prey drive.

On a side note of it all, Spook has turned into the most handsome cat i've ever seen and equally adorable, i'll try to get a photo on if anyone wants to see my handsome kitty =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dog Rescue (Name Needed)   Dog Rescue (Name Needed) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dog Rescue (Name Needed)
Page 1 of 1